At Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Primary School, The Entrance we pride ourselves in ‘personal best’.
We follow the NSW Board of Studies Curriculum in the Key Learning Areas and the Diocese of Broken Bay Curriculum (K-12) for Religious Education.
OLR Catholic School provides a balanced curriculum approved by the NSW Board of Studies Syllabus and complies with all Diocesan, NSW and National standards in regards to timetabling, assessment and reporting. We are supported by the Catholic Schools Office, Diocese of Broken Bay which exists to educate and form young people in Catholic Discipleship offering the experiences of following Jesus as members of Catholic community.
Areas of Study
Students at Our Lady of the Rosary participate in the following areas of study:
- Religious Education
- Human Society and its Environment (HSIE)
- Science and Technology
- Creative Arts
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE)
Students also work with specialist teachers once a week for:
- Physical Education
OLR The Entrance School Provides
- an integration of our Catholic life and faith into our curriculum and everyday life
- a curriculum that provides a Catholic worldview across all key learning areas
- a ‘Celebration of Community’
- a large emphasis on the social development of each student, building self-confidence and positive self-esteem
- support for students and a differentiation of learning tasks to support all learners
- an ethos which supports family values and education
- quality teaching resources across all curriculum areas
- higher order thinking skills
- access to Information & Communication Learning Technology
- participation in external educational and extension opportunities