Parents/caregivers who are willing to support the religious principles, faith and practice of the Catholic school are eligible to enroll their children in the Systemic Schools of the Diocese of Broken Bay.
As part of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Broken Bay, we encourage enrolment of parishioners at the Catholic Primary School in the Parish in which they live.
Therefore, priority in enrolment at Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic School will be given to those Catholic families who worship and/or reside in the Parish of Our Lady of the Rosary Parish, The Entrance except in special circumstances.
Priority in enrolment will be given to children whose:
- Catholic families are known and involved members of the Parish;
- Catholic families express through the enrolment process an intention to commit to Catholic discipleship and the worshipping community of the Parish;
- Catholic families express an understanding of and commitment to the educational and religious life of the school;
- Families of other Christian traditions are known and involved members of their worshipping community and express an understanding of a commitment to the educational and religious life of the school; and
- Families express an understanding of and commitment to the educational and religious life of the school.
We recognise that some families may feel that the financial costs may be too great and wish to emphasise that we will work with families to make Catholic schooling available to those who desire it.
Enrolment application packages are available from the school office during the month of May for parents/caregivers seeking enrolment for their child for the following school year. Forms in this package need to be completed and returned by the end of May.
An important part of the Primary School enrolment process is an interview with the Principal and the Parish Priest and the child attending a Kindergarten screening, which takes place on nominated days prior to enrolment. The screening process is in accordance with Diocesan policy and assists in assessing the readiness of the child to begin school. Parents/caregivers need to contact the school office during May to make suitable appointment times.
There is one general admission of children to Kindergarten each year. In the case of excessive applications, enrolment offers will be based on the Diocesan Enrolment Policy. The age of the child may also be taken into account.